The CEPU NSW Postal & Telecommunications Branch is the major trade Union representing communication workers across NSW and the ACT.
The Branch is inviting candidates to make application to participate in an organising development and a traineeship for an initial period of 12 months.
On successful completion, trainees will graduate the ACTU’s structured Organising Works training program with a nationally recognised qualification – Certificate IV in Unionism and Industrial Relations.
Trainees will be given the opportunity to work at a grass-roots level, organising new members into the union specialising in the Postal and Telecommunications Industries.
Successful candidates will spend most of their time recruiting, organising and advocating to advance the interests of our members and their families.
Throughout the 12 month training program you will be developing skills, techniques and implementing strategies of union organising following completed sessions of formal training.
Successful candidates shall:
- Have an awareness of the political, social and economic factors that influence the role of trade unions in Australia;
- Possess a genuine commitment to Union values;
- Be capable to develop the skills necessary to be perform under pressure as an effective advocate and organiser;
- Ideally have had experience as a local union representative;
- Possess above-average oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to demonstrate their ability with researching, campaigning, implementing organising structures and the recruitment of new members;
- Be able to demonstrate an appreciation and general understanding of the Fair Work Act and it’s Regulations;
- Possess a current Driver’s License.
Hours of duty: Ordinary hours of work are 36.75 hours per week with core hours between 7am and 7pm as required.
Employment arrangement: 12 months structured traineeship with an opportunity for permanent employment following its successful completion.
Salary: A salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered and periodically reviewed.
Applicants should forward their resume to:
PO Box 250
Parramatta NSW 2124
Applications close at 5.00pm, Thursday 7 November 2019